Issued by the Department for Education this guidance covers preventing and controlling infection, including the use of PPE, in education, childcare and children’s social care settings during the coronavirus outbreak.
This guidance is for:
- all staff in educational, childcare and children’s social care settings
- children, young people and other learners
It applies to:
- children’s homes, including secure children’s homes
- residential special schools or colleges
- fostering services
- visits to family homes
- alternative provision
- early years and childcare settings
- schools, including special schools
- colleges, including specialist post-16 institutions
This guidance explains the principles of infection prevention and control to enable safe working during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
It includes advice on:
- minimising contact
- changes of work practices
- hand and respiratory hygiene
- increased cleaning of the environment
- limiting movement
- when you might need to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
Early years and childcare settings, schools and colleges should read this guidance in conjunction with the ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings’ guidance.
Due to the constant updates being released, you can access the document from the link below to ensure you have the most up-to-date version