An Early Education Publication
Authors: Amanda King, Di Chilvers, Jan White, Kathryn Solly, Linda Pound, Marjorie Ouvry, Sue Stokoe, Thelma Miller & Vicky Hutchin
This best-selling book brings together contributions from leading Early Years experts to give primary school headteachers and leaders an understanding of the distinctive aspects of excellent practice in nursery and reception classes.
- Evidence-based approaches to Early Years pedagogy
- Enabling environments, indoors and out
- The role of the adult
- The characteristics of effective learning and teaching
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Using data for planning and monitoring
- Behaviour and relationships
- Risk and challenge
- Leadership and management in the Early Years
- Issues for governors
It will help anyone who is not an Early Years specialist to understand how best to lead and manage this distinctive phase of education within their schools.