- Martenscroft Nursery School and Children`s Centre
- October 4, 2019
- Friday, 1.00 PM to 2.30 PM
- 07495 342 223
WORKSHOP: FGM (1.5 hours)
33 Epping Street, Hulme, Manchester, M15 6PA
Friday, 1.00 PM to 2.30 PM
October 4, 2019
Quality 4 Early Years
07495 342 223
https://www.quality4earlyyears.co.uk/Organizer's other events
Workshop: FGM (1.5 hours)
Families who practice FGM usually see it as ‘honourable’ and a way of safeguarding a girl’s future, however, it is a crime in the UK with a mandatory reporting duty.
This workshop will help raise awareness of the practice and describe your role in prevention and reporting procedures
We will look at:
- What is FGM?
- Who practices FGM and why?
- Prevalence in the UK
- Recognising risk indicators at your setting
- Exploring concerns with parents and children
- The law and mandatory procedures
Fees and Booking
For more information and to book, please visit our dedicated website.