- Acorn Training Centre
- October 11, 2021
- Monday, 9.30 AM to 4.00 PM
- Acorn Training
- 01908 870330
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Working Together to Safeguard Children
6 Wimborne Crescent, Westcroft, Milton Keynes MK4 4DE, UK
Monday, 9.30 AM to 4.00 PM
October 11, 2021
This course is perfect for anyone who works in an organisation where they are likely to work in partnership with other agencies. It is designed to meet the ‘Working Together’ guidance of ‘training that equips people to work effectively with those from other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children’.
By the end of the training delegates should.
- Describe how actions to safeguard children fit within the wider context of support to children and families.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of agencies working with children in need and children in need of protection.
- Demonstrate awareness of the web-based Inter-Agency child protection & safeguarding procedures.
- Identify their role and the roles of others in within Early Help.
- Make a referral to a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) using Levels of Need.
- Understand the safeguarding context of the Children Act 1989, 2004 and related legislation.
- Identify barriers to information sharing and how to overcome them.
- Explore Serious Case review learning and its role in improving practice.
- Explore the MK Think Family approach and how to raise concerns of adults at risk.
Fees and booking
This course costs £50.
More information and to enrol on this course please email [email protected]