- Acorn Training Centre
- December 5, 2018
- Wednesday, 6.30 PM to 9.30 PM
- Acorn Training
- 01908 870330
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Supporting Children with SCD/ASD
Basic understanding of Autism triad of impairment. The difference between SCD (Social Communication Disorder) and ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). How it might impact on their daily life. Looking at strategies that could be used to get children to following the
setting routine and adult directed tasks.
Aims & Objectives:
- To explore the ASD triad of impairment
- To explore what is SCD.
- To look at strategies that could be used.
- To give a range of strategies to support children with ASD
- Explore visual resources.
- To give practitioners a little more confidence understanding and working with children with ASD.
- Understand about Autism triad of impairments and how they impact on the child.
- Be more aware how Autistic differences may impact differently on individual pupils
- Know what SCD means.
- Be able to identify aspects of the setting life and specific situations that may be challenging for the child.
- Have arrange of strategies and visual resources to support children with ASD.
Trainer: Sue Swann
Who Should Attend?
SEN Lead Practitioners and other Practitioners with an interest in SEN
Booking and Fees
For more information and to book your place, please visit the dedicated website