- Online Training
- November 1, 2021
- Monday, 6.00 PM to 7.30 PM
- Early Education
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Promoting progress through an understanding of child development from birth to 5 (Part 1 of 2)
Monday, 6.00 PM to 7.30 PM
November 1, 2021
Early EducationOrganizer's other events
Changes to the EYFS in September highlight the need for practitioners to develop, extend and use their professional knowledge to support children’s learning and development. Part of a series of training sponsored by Cosy, this course will explore how to deepen understanding of child development in order to support all children to make progress and aims to raise your confidence in using your own professional judgement when observing and assessing children.
This two-part course will give you the opportunity to:
· Examine available non-statutory guidance (including Birth to 5 Matters) and consider how it can be used to support children’s learning and development.
· Reflect on what it means to make progress and recognise typical progress in the EYFS.
· Explore ways of supporting children who are not making typical progress.
· Raise awareness of factors (including Adverse Childhood Experiences) which can negatively impact development.
· Understand what it means to develop effective partnerships by engaging, involving and including families.
· Think about creating a flexible curriculum which promotes development in the characteristics of learning and across the areas of learning (to include consideration of Funds of Knowledge).
The webinar will take place on the following dates and times:
· Session 1: 1st November, 6pm-7.30pm
· Session 2: 8th November, 6pm-7.30pm
Fees and Booking
This course costs £40.
More information and booking via Website Link.