- University of Reading
- November 1, 2019
- Friday, 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Professionals Working with Young Children: or Just Anybody?
The early years professional workforce is in crisis
- The proportion of totally unqualified staff working in nurseries has increased to over a quarter of current practitioners
- The number of Level 3 staff working in nurseries dropped from 83% to 52% in just three years
- Fewer nurseries are employing graduates
- Early Years Teacher students have fallen by 84% in the past three years
This symposium will explore the causes and implications of the current situation and how this impacts on children.
Key themes emerging from focused discussions will form the basis for a briefing paper aimed at clear recommendations for policy makers and leaders in early childhood.
Contributions to symposium discussions are needed from participants with a range of perspectives on training, employing and working with young children.
Fees and Booking
For more information and to book, please visit Eventbrite.