- Online Training
- November 4, 2021
- Thursday, 10.30 AM to 12.00 PM
- Early Education
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
This 5 part course led by Julie Fisher is part of a series sponsored by Cosy. From a firm base of theory and research it will revisit the principles that underpin effective pedagogy in the early years whilst addressing the recent Reforms and guidance material.This course aims to enthuse you about the critical role of early years practitioners as educators.
Through discussion and the observation of DVD material it will identify the attributes of outstanding educators, the knowledge they need and the skills they should develop.
It will support you to be a confident, articulate advocate for young children and what motivates them to become and remain enthusiastic, inquisitive, effective learners. In doing so, it will hopefully inspire you to be equally enthusiastic, inquisitive and effective in your own role.
The course objectives are to:
· Review what is known about how young children learn and the impact this has on the role of early childhood educators.
· Examine the importance of the environment , both indoors and out, in stimulating, consolidating and provoking children’s learning.
· Consider the organisation of the learning day and how to optimise uninterrupted time for teaching and learning.
· Discuss planning a curriculum building on children’s interests and funds of knowledge alongside what they are ‘expected’ to learn.
· Analyse the role of the early childhood educator in ensuring the highest quality teaching and learning in both adult-led and child-led activity.
The webinar will take place on the following dates and times:
Session 1: 7th October, 10.30am-12pm
Session 2: 14th October, 10.30am-12pm
Session 3: 21st October, 10.30am-12pm
Session 4: 4th November, 10.30am-12pm
Session 5: 11th November,10.30am-12pm
Fees and booking
This course costs £100
More information and booking via Website Link.