- Online Training
- September 5, 2023
- Tuesday, 6.30 PM to 9.30 PM
- Acorn Early Years
- 01908 510 309
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Online: Safeguarding responsibilities for Trustees/Governors
Tuesday, 6.30 PM to 9.30 PM
September 5, 2023
Acorn Early Years
01908 510 309
https://acornearlyyearsfoundation.eu.rit.org.uk/book-trainingOrganizer's other events
This course is delivered online via Microsoft Teams. Joining instructions will be sent a few days prior to the course start date. You will have ongoing access to the system with the course materials after the course has finished.
- To equip Trustees to recognise and fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities within the organisation
- To effectively monitor the effectiveness the safeguarding arrangements within the organisation
The course will help participants to understand:
- The statutory and legislative framework in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- How local safeguarding and child protection procedures work
- The specific role of the trustee/governor in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- How to ensure there is a resistant and effective safeguarding culture in your organisation
- To become aware of the key roles and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead (operative) and Trustees Role (strategic)
- To gain overview of the process of managing safeguarding allegations.
- Supporting staff and volunteers within the organisation
- Safeguarding Audits and checking on safeguarding practice
- Current safeguarding developments, issues and challenges, particularly in relation to COVID-19
Who should attend?
This course is for governors, trustees or committee members that are responsible for safeguarding in any organisation that works with children and families
Booking and Fees
Cost is £40 per person
Booking is via the Acorn Early Years Website / Book Training
(Note: you will need to select the date of the training to bring up the details and booking form)
About Acorn Training
Acorn Training is part of Acorn Early Years Foundation, one of the most established providers of nurseries, out of school clubs, forest schools and training in Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. Acorn provides high quality training and consultancy for teachers and childcare professionals working with and caring for babies and children in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), whilst also working closely with Tammie Redman to deliver safeguarding courses appropriate for all age groups.
High-Quality Training Courses
They offer courses in Safeguarding Children, Creative Learning in the EYFS, Forest Schools, Paediatric & Activity First Aid, among others. All of our training courses link with the Early Years Foundation Stage, current best practice and, where relevant, meet Ofsted requirements. They have a team of expert in-house trainers, and work in partnership with professional consultants and trainers who are experts in their field, to deliver relevant workshops and training session that meet current guidelines and legislation. All of their training courses can also be delivered to your staff team at your setting or at their training centre in Milton Keynes.
Expert Consultancy Services
At Acorn, they offer expert consultancy services for early years providers and forest school leaders, where they offer visits to individual settings and support with the development of the learning environment, observing and improving practice, reviewing leadership and management practices, among many other areas. They also have close working relationships with professional and expert consultants in the fields of safeguarding and SEND, and can connect you with their services.