- National Children's Bureau
- March 16, 2020
- Monday, 9.15 AM to 4.00 PM
- National Children`s Bureau
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Making it REAL – One Day Training
Making it REAL is an evidence-based and award-winning programme that boosts children’s early literacy and development. The programme is inspired by the original REAL project delivered by Professors Cathy Nutbrown and Peter Hannon at the University of Sheffield.
Making it REAL one day training will:
- Equip you to understand how the home learning environment contributes to children’s literacy and communication skills.
- Identify practical ways you can support children and families across the four strands of literacy: environmental print, songs and rhymes, books, and mark making.
- Make you comfortable using and sharing the ORIM (Opportunities, Recognition, Interaction and Model) framework to support parents and their children’s literacy development.
- Equip you to build parents’ knowledge and confidence so that they can help their children with reading and writing.
Please arrive at 9.15 am for registration, the event will start promptly at 9.30 am.
Refreshments, including a sandwich lunch, will be provided, with vegetarian and vegan options – gluten free on request.
Fees and Booking
For further information or to book please visit Eventbrite