- Acorn Training Centre
- December 13, 2021
- Monday, 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM
- Acorn Training
- 01908 870330
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Awareness (face-to-face)
6 Wimborne Crescent, Westcroft, Milton Keynes MK4 4DE, UK
Monday, 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM
December 13, 2021
This face to face course is designed for anyone working with the public (but especially children) who require an awareness and understanding of FGM. This includes Those working in healthcare, police, education (including early years), border force and children’s social care.
To provide an overview of FGM and professionals’ safeguarding responsibilities in FGM cases.
1. Understand what FGM is and distinguish between the four types of FGM.
2. Identify key health risks and consequences of FGM.
3. State the legal position in the UK regarding FGM.
4. Understand how and when FGM is carried out.
5. Identify who is at risk of FGM and describe the key indicators.
6. List some of the common justifications for FGM.
7. Be aware of your role in preventing FGM and supporting those who have undergone FGM.
Fees and Booking
This course costs £35.
More information and booking via Website Link