- Zoom Online
- September 9, 2021
- Thursday, 9.00 AM to 3.00 PM
- MBK Training Ltd
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
The importance of the Designated Safeguarding role is underlined by both the EYFS and the Ofsted inspection framework. This course is ideal for any managers, deputy managers and room leaders that need a greater understanding of the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead or are to be the main or deputised DSL for the setting.
With agreement from multiple local authorities safeguarding boards, we are confident that this Designated Safeguarding Lead Training course can prepare any member of your team to take on the key role of DSL in the setting, making managing your safeguarding in your setting that much easier.
The course comprises of 4 modules:
Module 1 – Legislation, Referrals and Processes
· The aim of this module is to look at the statutory guidance and examine current serious case reviews to better assess the different risk factors in our settings
Module 2 – From Theory into Practice
· The aim of this module is to look at the four types of abuse (physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect) in more depth and at how this might appear in our day to day practice
· We also look at the longer-term effects on children who have been subject to abuse
Module 3 – A Toxic Mix?
· We examine a combination of factors pertinent to children’s safeguarding
· We look at the impact of communication in safeguarding situations
Module 4 – The Role of the DSL
· This module examines the specific requirements of the role, covering everything from your environment to safer recruitment
Attendees need to have covered the basics of Child Protection, this can be easily demonstrated if you have previously attended our courses on Child Protection and Safeguarding. If you have attended courses run by other providers then we will need to see proof of attendance of any relevant courses (e.g. your certificates and content elements) before the start of the course.
Fees and Booking
This course costs £135
More information and booking via Website Link.