- Portman Early Childhood Centre
- March 13, 2020
- Friday, 9.30 AM to 3.30 PM
- Early Education
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Creativity and the Visual Arts: Thinking in Action
This course highlights how creating and thinking critically is an essential characteristic of effective learning. Participants will examine what critical thinking is, looks like, and how it can be promoted through the visual arts. They will explore how they can pose questions of enquiry and provide situations and materials that foster and promote creativity and critical thinking. Participants will leave able to construct situations of learning that consider the interplay of using materials and visual expression that are essential strategies for children’s construction and communication of their thinking.
- Learn how to recognise and support critical thinking through the visual arts
- Discover how to ask generative questions of enquiry through the presentation of materials and spoken word
- Explore how materials and visual expression are essential methods of children’s construction and communication of thinking
- See what this can look like when working with young children with rich examples and case studies from everyday practice.
Trainer: Debi Keyte-Hartland
Fees and Booking
For more information and booking please visit the dedicated webpage