- Methodist Central Buildings
- March 16, 2020
- Monday, 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM
- 01484 40 70 70
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Brilliant Babies: Working With Birth – 2 Year Olds
Every interaction counts – provide the highest quality care to babies and toddlers
What will I learn:
This NDNA childcare course will show practitioners how they help babies make sense of the world around them. Your role is vital in supporting healthy brain development, as you form secure attachments and provide stimulating environments.
The Early Years Inspection Handbook 2019 will judge nurseries on whether the “relationships between staff and babies are sensitive, stimulating and responsive.”
This course contains sections on tuning into babies’ needs, developing strong attachments, improving communication sharing and maximising learning opportunities through care routines. All delegates receive a booklet containing key activity ideas to take back to the nursery.
- The wonder of babies
- Your role in babies’ brain development
- The importance of attachment and “attunement”
- The Characteristics of Effective Learning for babies
- Communication and Language with babies
- An enabling environment for babies, now including outdoors
- Treasure baskets and heuristic play
- The course uses videos, group activities, a quiz, written material and interactive discussions to support learning.
Fees and Booking
£75.00 per person for members
£100.00 per person for non-members
For more information and to book, please visit the dedicated website