- Online Training
- December 8, 2021
- Wednesday, 4.00 PM to 5.30 PM
- Early Education
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Part of a series of training sponsored by Cosy. This course is aimed at all practitioners in early years PVI and school settings for whom a better understanding and awareness of attachment would be beneficial especially as the pandemic has put additional stressors on the family unit, leading to significant changes in attachment behaviours.
Attachment is an in-built mechanism that guarantees the protection of the infant and their optimal development, but it is also activated whenever a threat is perceived. How do we use this awareness to work with parents/carers and children at this significant time?
During the course we will:
- Look at some of the most recent research on the impact of the pandemic on attachment behaviours.
- Explore the idea of the family having an individual personality where members affect each other.
- Plan attachment-based strategies to settle children back into our settings or support them to move on.
- Consider the central role of the Key Person in establishing trusting relationships with parents/carers and children.
Links to Early Years and SEND guidance:
- Birth to 5 Matters 2021 (Personal Social and Emotional Development; Communication and Language).
- SEND Code of Practice 2015 (‘The Graduated Approach’ points 5.36-5.46 and 6.44-6.56).
Fees and Booking
This course costs £20.
ore information and booking via Website Link.