Jacqui Burke is a learning and development consultant with over 25 years of training experience who specialises in business, governance, and management skills development, and supporting businesses at times of change.
Following an initial career as a training and development specialist in the Financial Services sector, she became a consultant with one of the UK’s leading HR consultancy practices, and in 2001 set up her own business, Flourishing People.
Jacqui has experience of working across a number of sectors including central government, local government, voluntary and community organisations and many SMEs. Over the past 14 years she has specialised in providing business, management and leadership skills training for businesses in the Education and Early Years sectors.
Jacqui is the author of Building Your Early Years Business (planning and strategies for success and growth) published in February 2017.
Jacqui’s expertise ranges across the leadership and management spectrum. Recent training projects include design and delivery of the following:
- CMI Level 5 in Business Support and Level 5 in Professional Consulting Skills tailored for consultants and advisers working in the Early Years and Childcare sector
- Business, leadership, governance and management skills training for business owners and managers, and boards of trustees, voluntary management committees etc
- Bespoke manager / team leader development programmes providing Continuing Professional Development for SMEs from across a range of sectors – programmes have included 360 degree feedback, psychometric profiling and cover a wide range of management and interpersonal skills topics
- Team development days for newly formed and established teams to develop team working and collaborative working, and provide an improved sense of focus
- One to one coaching and mentoring with business owners and managers to support their professional development and enhance the performance of their business, their team and themselves as managers
- Facilitation of strategic planning awaydays, action learning sets and focus groups for the senior teams of a range of organisations
- Governance training and External Reviews of Governance (ERGs) as an Associate Consultant working with the National Governors Association (NGA).
Other activities and interests past and present
- Independent Trustee / Non-Executive Director of Prevista Employee Owned Trust (an independent training provider offering a range of Apprenticeships and related services)
- 17 years experience as a School Governor – current role with a MAT-run secondary academy in Suffolk
- Past Member of the Advisory Board of a Sure Start Children’s Centre
- Past Founding Member of the Advisory Board of NEyTCO CIC.
Jacqui holds the following qualifications: Level 4 in Learning & Development; Member of the Institute of Consulting; former SFEDI Accredited Consultant; Certificate in Counselling Skills; Qualified Coach; qualified to administer the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Dimensions, [email protected] and Appraisal360.
Flourishing People was established in 2001 and works supporting a variety of small and medium sized businesses and charities in London and the East of England.
I have experience of working across many sectors including central and local government organisations, voluntary and community organisations, and SMEs. Over the past 14 years Flourishing People has specialised in providing business, governance and management skills training for businesses in the Early Years and Childcare sector. This support is tailor-made to build the competence and confidence of owners, managers, governors and committee members within the sector.
- Management development – for more competent, confident managers
- Consulting Skills Level 5 qualifications – delivered in partnership with Silver Pebble via the Childcare Business Advisers Programme (CBAP)
- Online training – low-cost video-based online courses on a range of topics
- Team development events – improve team working and communication, and reduce conflict
- Coaching and mentoring – a critical friend for you and your business
- HR tools – psychometric profiling and 360 degree feedback to help you manage your people.
“Thank you for a further successful delivery of the business skills training for our providers. The feedback received was extremely positive and I know the individual providers gained confidence and knowledge they can take away with them and apply to their childcare businesses.”
Nicola Fletcher at Bracknell Forest Council
“I’ve just seen the evaluations from your sessions last Saturday (I’ve even had two phone calls) – I thought you would like to know all of the evaluations were excellent and positive and the phone calls from childminders were positively gushing!”
Bob Adams at Rochdale Borough Council
"My learning was challenged and stretched throughout the course. Constructive and meaningful feedback made the overall experience a memorable one. I would highly recommend it to all EY professionals wishing to expand their knowledge and understanding of mentoring, coaching and consultancy."
Grazia Ferrante, EY Training & Consultancy