Adele Deane is a primary school teacher with 25 years’ experience in schools in the West Midlands. She founded WFS – Workshops for Schools and Nurseries in 2006.
“Creativity, movement, health and wellbeing have always been utmost in my thinking and teaching. Having the opportunity to develop this further was the start of this exciting venture, and the birth of Workshops for Schools and Nurseries!”
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Education, Art and Design
- Teacher Training B. Ed. Hons
- IMPACT Wellbeing Programme Instructor
- Indian Head Massage and Health and Safety, VCTC Level 3
- Peer Massage Instructor, MISP
- Specialist Yoga Teacher Primary Children
WFS – Workshops for Schools and Nurseries provide cross circular workshops in school and centres to link with curriculum, well-being and the arts for enrichment and transition and day to day events.
Workshops initially began in 2007 with an idea about delivering more specialist work to children in the form of creative workshops for schools. It started with yoga, then specialist science workshops and now incorporates a wide range of workshops right across the curriculum to encounter current trends, curriculum changes and new initiatives. Sessions can be delivered either as regular clubs, hourly sessions, workshops, artist in residence weeks, staff in service training events and much more.
The aim is always to tailor the work to each school or organisation’s specific needs and this is what makes WFS different.
Artists, workshops leaders, INSET provision to enrich hands on learning and experiences, here are a few examples of the workshops and experiences we can provide:
- Our Healthy School work is centred around developing and extending opportunities for children in school: providing themed curriculum workshops days, and week-long events to link with Every Child Matters and the Healthy Schools agenda.
- Massage In Schools Workshops
- YogYoga Workshops
- Tai Chi Workshops like yoga, link readily with ‘Healthy schools’ and ‘Every Child Matters: empowering pupils of all ages to fulfil their true potential with confidence is the ultimate goal
- Well Being – Laughter Workshops
- Well Being – Indian Head Massage Workshops
- Dance Workshops – we offer all forms of dance.
- Drama Workshops
- Music Workshops
- Art & DT Workshops
- Science Workshops including To The Circus! Construct and Roll, Solar, Electricity and Toys
- History Workshops