Welcome to the Early Childhood at the Heart Conference.
The original conference, organised by Juls Davies (EY Matters) and Aaron Bradbury (Early Years Reviews) was a full day conference held on Saturday 31st January 2021; we decided to record and share the presentations due to tickets being limited and selling out within days of being released in November 2019.
With eight inspirational keynote presentations plus lots of additional resources by way of film clips, downloadable documents, web links and suggested reading, this was an amazing day with all corners of the sector coming together to share and support each other.
Speakers and Presentations:
- Elaine Bennett, Starting School in 2020 – A Journey Like No Other
- Kathryn Solly, Outdoors for Everyone - Making the Most of Weather in a Time of Pandemic
- Greg Bottrill, The Verb ‘To Childhood’
- Dr Sue Allingham, Children are People Too!
- Dr Eunice Lumsden, Adverse Childhood Experiences: Pedagogy of Transformation or Just Another Trend?
- Dr Emma Maynard, A Focus on the Experiences of Complex Families
- Gary Coffey, The Current Narrative of SEND and Inclusion in the Early Years
- Dr Valerie Daniel, Perceptions of a Leadership Crisis in the Early Years
On completion of the modules in this session and the submission of your reflection you will be awarded a certificate which you can download and save/print to evidence your participation as part of your Continuous Professional Development.
Note re: Intro Music
On the day of the Conference, we had some fun creating some short clips with music as a 2 minute warning for the participants to get ready for the start of the presentations; shortened version of these sound tracks have been included with each presentation, we hope you enjoy them as much as they were enjoyed by everyone on the day.